- HIAS Health newly appointed Makoto TOBE, Senior Advisor (health financing / health systems), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), as an adjunct researcher.
- HIAS Health newly appointed Yoshihiro KANEKO, Professor, Faculty of Social Welfare, Japan College of Social Work, as an adjunct researcher.
- Three researchers of HIAS Health participated in 7th HTAsiaLink Annual Conference, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- [Report] The 26th regular seminar/Hitotsubashi University International Seminar: Niels-Hugo Blunch, Washington and Lee University, USA, “Unintended Consequences: Program Evaluation and The World Bank Vs. Adult Literacy Programs and Child Mortality”
- An intensive short course of Health Economics for professionals will be offered in November (lectures will be in Japanese).
- The 27th regular seminar : Tamahi KATO (YAMAUCHI), Hitotsubashi University, “Monitoring governance, management and operational capacity of mutual health organizations in three regions of Senegal: Findings from the 2017 Survey”
- The 26th Regular Seminar : Niels-Hugo Blunch, Washington and Lee University, USA, “Unintended Consequences: Program Evaluation and The World Bank Vs. Adult Literacy Programs and Child Mortality”
- The 25th Regular Seminar : Aki Tsuchiya, The University of Sheffield, UK, “Comparing inequality and risk aversion in social welfare for health and income: an empirical analysis using hypothetical scenarios with losses”
- The 24th regular seminar : Tamahi KATO (YAMAUCHI), Hitotsubashi University, “Agricultural input subsidies in sub-Saharan Africa – the case of Tanzania”
- The 23rd regular seminar/Public Economics Workshop/International Seminar : Josselin Thuilliez, National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), “Information, learning and health technology adoption in the short and long run: Evidence from a field experiment in Burkina Faso.”