Assistant Professor,Asian Growth Research Institute
Ying Yao is a Assistant Professor at the Asian Growth Institute in Fukuoka, Japan. Before joining the Asian Growth Institute, she was a Assistant Professor at Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study (HIAS) and a research associate the Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI). She holds a PhD in public economics from the National Graduate Research Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) in Japan. Her research interests are health economics and industrial organization, with a focus on the pharmaceutical industry. She has worked on several policy-oriented projects on income inequality and health, health behavior, trade finance, digitalization and inclusion. Currently, her research focuses on pharmaceutical procurement and listings and smoking behavior.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Yao,Y. and M. Tanaka, "Price-Quality Trade-off in Procurement Auctions With an Uncertain Quality Threshold", Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 177, 56-70, 2020.
- Yao,Y., R. Nakamura, and N. Sari, "The Educational Gap in Tar and Nicotine Content in Purchases of Cigarettes: An Observational Study Using Large-Scale Representative Survey Data from Japan", Preventive Medicine, 129, 105828, 2019.
- Yao,Y., G. Wan, and D. Meng, “Income distribution and health: Can polarization explain health outcomes better than inequality?”, European Journal of Health Economics, 20, 543-557, 2019.
- Yao, Y. and M. Tanaka, “Price Offers of Pharmaceutical Procurement in China: Evidence from Guangdong Province,” European Journal of Health Economics, 17(5), 563-575, 2016.
Detailed profile (HRI: Hitotsubashi Researchers Information)
- DiCaprio A., Y. Yao, and R. Simms, “Women and Trade: Gender’s Impact on Trade Finance and Fintech,” ADBI Working Paper, 797, 2017.
- DiCaprio A. and Y. Yao, “Drivers of Trade Finance Gaps,” ADBI Working Paper, 678, 2017.
- DiCaprio, A., S. Beck, Y. Yao, and F. Khan, “2016 Trade Finance Gaps, Growth, and Job Survey,” ADB Brief, 64, 2016.