Associate Professor, School of Health Innovation, Kanagawa University of Human Services Graduate School
Dr. Ryo Watanabe is an Associate Professor, Graduate School of Health Innovation, Kanagawa University of Human Services Graduate School from 2017. Before that he was a research associate at Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan. His academic disciplines include health economics, health administration, and managerial accounting in healthcare. As a researcher, he is focusing on the effectiveness of the balanced scorecard [BSC] at the health care institutions and health technology assessment [HTA] using large datasets. He received his Bachelor of Science in Health from Ohio University and Master of Public Health from University of Tokyo School of Public Health. He received his Ph. D. at Hitotsubashi University in 2015.
- Suwanai, H., Watanabe, R., Sato, M., Odawara, M., Matsumura, H., “DPP-4 Inhibitor Reduces the Risk of Developing Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids following Median Sternotomy in Diabetic Patients: A nationwide retrospective cohort study using the National Database of Health Insurance Claims of Japan,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, doi: 10.1097/PRS.0000000000006904., 2020.
- Fukuda, H., Yano, Y., Sato, D., Ohde, S., Noto, S., Watanabe, R., Takahashi, O., “Healthcare expenditures for the treatment of patients infected with hepatitis C virus in Japan,” PharmacoEconomics, 38(3), 297-306, 2020.
- Hirose, D., Shimizu, S., Hirao, K., Ogawa, Y., Sato, T., Kaneko, Y., Takenoshita, N., Namioka, N., Fukasawa, R., Umahara, T., Sakurai, H., Watanabe, R., Hanyu, H., “Neuroimaging characteristics of frailty status in patients with Alzheimer's disease,” Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, 67(4), 120-1208, 2019.
- Arai, K., Koi, K., Watanabe, R., Sakaguchi, H., and Yokoya, S., “Importance of care process management in terms of financial perspective: based on knowledge of hospital managers,” The Journal of Japan Society for Health Care Management, 16(4), 209-213, 2016.
- Watanabe, R., Ohara, T., and Narikiyo, T., “Organizational structure and information system architecture for data analytics,” ITvision, 33, 54-55, 2016. Sakaguchi, H., Watanabe, R., and Arai, K., “A study of the budgeting system based on cost accounting in hospitals,” Journal of Health Care and Society, 25(1), 141-153, 2015.
- Sakaguchi, H., Watanabe, R., and Arai, K., “A study of the budgeting system based on cost accounting in hospitals,” Journal of Health Care and Society, 25(1), 141-153, 2015.
- Watanabe, R., Arai, K., and Sakaguchi, H., “Utilization of balanced scorecard in healthcare Facilities -A questionnaire survey of acute care hospitals in Japan-,” Melco Journal of Management Accounting Research, 7(2), 15-24, 2015.
- Arai, K., Watanabe, R., and Sakaguchi, H., “The usage of managerial accounting in DPC-related hospitals in Japan,” Sangyo-keiri, 73(3), 77-89, 2013. Watanabe, R. and Hashimoto, H., “Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986-2007,” Social Science & Medicine, 75(8), 1372-1378, 2012.
- Watanabe, R. and Hashimoto, H., “Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986-2007,” Social Science & Medicine, 75(8), 1372-1378, 2012.
- Ikegami, N., Yoo, BK., Hashimoto, H., Matsumoto, M., Ogata, H., Babazono, A., Watanabe, R., Shibuya, K., Yang, BM., Reich, MR., and Kobayashi, Y., “Japanese universal health coverage: evolution, achievements, and challenges,” Lancet, 378(9796), 1106-1115, 2011.