Professor, Graduate School of Biomedical & Health Sciences, Hiroshima University
Michiko MORIYAMA has taught at Hiroshima University since 2002. She graduated from California State University, Fresno （Master’s in Nursing Science（MSN））and obtained a Ph. D. in medical science （public health）from Yamaguchi University. She previously worked at Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare as a nursing specialist, where she contributed to the development of the National Long-term care insurance system. Prof Moriyama is a clinical nurse specialist in gerontology, and is an expert on chronic care and family nursing, has clinical experiences at various nursing fields such as hospitals, the hospice home, the home visiting nursing station, the family support center for the brain damaged. She has established DPP HEALTH PARTNERS CO.,LTD in 2010 to provide chronic disease management programs all over Japan. Additionally, she served as a chair to the 10th International Family Nursing Conference. Prof. Moriyama is a board member of many professional and academic organizations and won national and international awards in her field.
- Elsheikh M, Moriyama M, Rahman, MM, Kako M, EL-Monshed A, Zoromba M, Amr M, Khalil M, Zehry H.（2020） Effect of a Tailored Multidimensional Intervention on the Care Burden among Family Caregivers of Stroke Survivors: Study Protocol for a Randomized Control Trial, BMJ Open, forthcoming
- Jahan Y, Moriyama M, Rahman MM, Kazawa K, Rahman A, Shahid ASMSB, Das SK, Faruque ASG, Chisti MJ（2020）Awareness Development and Usage of mobile Health Technology among Individuals with Hypertension in a Rural Community of Bangladesh: A Randomized Controlled Trial Study Protocol. JMIR Research Protocols 9:8.
- Jahan Y, Rahman MM, Faruque ASG, Chisti MJ, Kazawa K, Matsuyama R, Moriyama M. （2020） Awareness Development and Usage of Mobile Health Technology among Hypertensive Individuals in a Rural Community of Bangladesh: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Med Internet Res. 22(12):1-15 e19137.
- Kawaguchi H, Moriyama M, Hashimoto H. （2020） Does disease management for diabetic nephropathy reduce medical expenditure? Evidence from a three-period difference-in-differences analysis. BMC Health Services Research 20:403.
- Kazawa K, Osaki K, Rahman MM, Moriyama M et al. (2020) Evaluating the effectiveness and feasibility of nurse-led distant and face-to-face interviews programs for promoting behavioral change and disease management in patients with diabetic nephropathy: A triangulation approach. BMC Nursing 19:16
- Khair Z, Rahman MM, Kazawa K, Jahan Y, Faruque ASG, Chisti MJ, Moriyama M. （2020） Health education improves referral compliance of persons with probable Diabetic Retinopathy: A randomized controlled trial. PLOS ONE, forthcoming
- Osaki K, Zhang J, Kazawa K, Moriyama M.（2020） Patterns of Elderly’s Long-term Care Risks and their Determinants by the Kihon Checklist: CHAID analysis A Case Study in a Japanese City. Geriatrics & Gerontology International 20: 7, 674-679.
- Sanford J., Argenbright C., Sherwood G., Jordan P., Jiménez M., Bengtsson M., Moriyama M., Lui L., McDonald M.（2020）Student Outcomes of an International Learning Collaborative to Develop Patient Safety and Quality Competencies in Nursing. Journal of Research in Nursing, forthcoming
- Takeyama N, Moriyama M, Kazawa K, Steenkamp M, Rahman MM.（2020）A Health Guidance App to Improve Motivation, Adherence to Lifestyle Changes and Indicators of Metabolic Disturbances among Japanese Civil Servants. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2020, 17, 8147
- Toyoshima A, Moriyama M, Yamashita H, Rahman MM, Huq KATME, Jahan Y, Kazawa K. （2020） Understanding the process for developing sleep disorders among Japanese workers: a qualitative study. Health Promotion Perspectives, forthcoming
- Cui Y, Moriyama M, Chayama K, Liu Y, Ya C, Muzembo BA, Rahman MM.(2019) Efficacy of a Self-Management Program in Patients with Chronic Viral Hepatitis in China. BMC Nursing 18:44
- Fukuoka Y, Hosomi N, Hyakuta T, Omori T, Ito Y, Uemura J, Yagita Y, Kimura K, Matsumoto M, Moriyama M. (2019) Effects of a disease management program for preventing recurrent ischemic stroke: A randomized controlled study. Stroke 50: 705-712
- Mizukawa M, Moriyama M, Yamamoto H, Rahman MM, Naka M, Kitagawa T, Kobayashi S, Oda N, Yasunobu Y, Tomiyama M, Morishita N, Matsuda K, Kihara Y. （2019） Nurse-led collaborative management using telemonitoring improves quality of life and prevention of rehospitalization in patients with heart failure: A pilot study. International Heart Journal, 60(6): 1293-1302
- Kazawa K, Rahman MM, Moriyama M. (2018) An investigation of factors influencing high usage of medical and long-term care service in aging society in Japan. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health 30(2):95-106
- Kazawa, K, Iwamoto, S, Rahman MM, Moriyama M. (2017) Health resource utilization and comorbidities in patients with mental dis-orders: analysis based on health insurance claim data. Health 9: 763-777
- Kiriake, A, Moriyama, M. (2016) Development and Testing of the Partnership Scale for Primary Family Caregivers Caring for Patients with Dementia. Journal of Family Nursing 22(3):339-67