Professor, Faculty of Economics and Law, Shinshu University
Hiroaki Masuhara has been serving as an associate professor at the Faculty of Economics and Law, Shinshu University since 2016 (professor in 2021), after serving as a researcher from 2005 at National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, and as an assistant professor from 2009 and an associate professor from 2015 at Hiroshima International University. He graduated from Hitotsubashi University in 1999 with a BA and an MA in Economics and obtained a Ph. D. in Economics from Hitotsubashi University, in 2014. His areas of expertise are health economic and micro-econometrics. In the field of health economics, he is studying demand for health care using micro data and health econometrics, especially count data and finite mixture models with endogeneity problems.
- Masuhara, H. and Hosoya, K., “The COVID-19 Pandemic and the Medical Care System in Japan: Status Report and Summary of Related Issues,” RIETI Policy Discussion Paper Series 21-P-003 (in Japanese).
- Nishimura, N., N. Inoue, H. Masuhara, and T. Musha, “Impact of Future Design on Workshop Participants’ Time Preferences,” Sustainability, 12(18), 7796-7821, 2020.
- Masuhara, H., “Identifying finite mixture models in the presence of moment-generating function: application in medical care using a zero-inflated binomial model,” Economics Bulletin, 39(2), 1529-1537, 2019.
- Masuhara, H., “Essays on Unobserved Heterogeneity and Endogeneity in Health Econometrics,” PhD thesis, Hitotsubashi University, 1-112, 2014 .
- Masuhara, H., “Hurdle and Non-hurdle Specifications of Finite Mixture Count Data Models for Medical Care Demand,” The Bulletin of Department of Health Services Management, Hiroshima International University, 4, 57-67, 2013.
- Masuhara, H., “Semiparametric Specifications of Unobserved Heterogeneity in Count Data Models: An Application to Medical Care Utilization,” The Bulletin of Department of Health Services Management, Hiroshima International University, 3, 41-49, 2012.
- Masuhara, H., “Semi-nonparametric Count Data Estimation with an Endogenous Binary Variable,” Economics Bulletin, 3(42), 1-13, 2008.
- Masuhara, H., “Semi-nonparametric Estimation of Regression-based Survival Models,” Economics Bulletin, 3(61), 1-12, 2007.