Associate Professor,Unit of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Yokohama City University of Medicine
Specially appointed Associate Professor,Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo
Ataru IGARASHI, Ph. D. is working as an associate professor Unit of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Yokohama City University of Medicine from 2019, after served at the Department of Drug Policy and Management, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo from 2008. He graduated from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo and got the license of pharmacist on 2002. He started his job in The University of Tokyo as assistant professor, just after he got his Ph.D. degree on 2008. His areas of expertise are health economics, pharmacoeconomics. Several results of his research, such as vaccination policies, anti-smoking policies and some medications, were partially considered in governmental decision making process.
- Igarashi, A., W. Tang, S. Cure, I. Guerra, L. Marié, M. Lopresti, and K. Tsutani, “Cost-Utility Analysis of Sofosbuvir for the Treatment of Genotype 2 Chronic Hepatitis C in Japan,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, 33(1), 1-10, 2017.
- Igarashi, A., W. Tang, I. Guerra, L. Marié, S. Cure, and M. Lopresti, “Cost-Utility Analysis of Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir for the Treatment of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C in Japan,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, 33(1), 11-21, 2017.
- Hoshi, D., E. Tanaka, A. Igarashi, E. Inoue, A. Kobayashi, N. Sugimoto, K. Shidara, E. Sato, Y. Seto, A. Nakajima, S. Momohara, A. Taniguchi, K. Tsutani, and H. Yamanaka, “Profiles of EQ-5D Utility Scores in the Daily Practice of Japanese Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis; Analysis of the IORRA Database,” Modern Rheumatology, 26(1), 40-5, 2016
- Kojima, M., T. Nakayama, Y. Kawahito, Y. Kaneko, M. Kishimoto, S. Hirata, Y. Seto, H. Endo, H. Ito, T. Kojima, K. Nishida, I. Matsushita, K. Tsutani, A. Igarashi, N. Kamatani, M. Hasegawa, N. Miyasaka, and H. Yamanaka, “The Process of Collecting and Evaluating Evidences for the Development of Guidelines for the Management of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Japan College of Rheumatology 2014: Utilization of GRADE approach,” Modern Rheumatology, 26(2): 175-9, 2016.
- Sekiguchi, M., A. Igarashi, T. Matsuda, M. Matsumoto, T. Sakamoto, T. Nakajima, Y. Kakugawa, S. Yamamoto, H. Saito, and Y. Saito, “Optimal Use of Colonoscopy and Fecal Immunochemical Test for Population-Based Colorectal Cancer Screening: A Cost-effectiveness Analysis Using Japanese Data,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology, 46(2), 116-25, 2016.
- Virabhak, S., K. Yasui, K. Yamazaki, S. Johnson, D. Mitchell, C. Yuen, J. C. Samp, and A. Igarashi, “Cost-Effectiveness of Direct-Acting Antiviral Regimen Ombitasvir/Paritaprevir/Ritonavir in Treatment-Naïve and Treatment-Experienced Patients Infected with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 1b in Japan,” Journal of Medical Economics, 19(12), 1144-1156, 2016.
- Igarashi, A., R. Goto, K. Suwa, R. Yoshikawa, A. J. Ward, and J. Moller, “Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Smoking Cessation Interventions in Japan Using a Discrete-Event Simulation,” Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, 14(1), 77-87, 2016.
- Xie, F., E. Pullenayegum, A. Pickard, J. M. Ramos Goñi, M. W. Jo, and A. Igarashi, “Transforming Latent Utilities to Health Utilities: East Does Not Meet West,” Health Economics, Oct. 16, 2016.
- Ikeda, T., K. Shiraiwa, A. Igarashi, S. Noto, T. Fukuda, S. Saito, K. Shimozuma, ”Developing a Japanese Version of the EQ-5D-5L Value Set,” Journal of the National Institute of Public Health, 64 (1), 47-55, 2015. [in Japanese]
- Igarashi, A., H. Takuma, T. Fukuda, and K. Tsutani, “Cost-Utility Analysis of Yarenicline, an Oral Smoking-Cessation Drug, in Japan,” PharmacoEconomics, 27(3), 247-61, 2009.