|Place of work||Research Center for Health Policy and Economics,|
Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
|Number of positions||3|
|Salary||Monthly salary : 337,000 - 707,000 Japanese Yen（Salary will be determined based on job position, experience）|
Transportation allowance will be paid in accordance with the regulations of the university （Maximum 55,000 Japanese yen per month）
|Period of employment||From 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2025(The start date is negotiable. The employment period will be two years from the start date).|
|Job title||Assistant professor (Specially appointed) or Research associate (Specially appointed)|
|Job details||1. To contribute to empirical research projects on national and international health policies.|
2. To help facilitate HIAS Health’s research collaborations with national and international research institutions, governments, and donors.
3. To contribute to research and education at HIAS Health
|Qualifications (required skills, experiences etc.)||1. A PhD in relevant area (applicants who expect to receive a PhD after their starting date will also be considered).|
2. Ability and experience of conducting statistical/econometric analysis for health economics and policy research.
3. Ability and willingness to publish research articles in international peer-reviewed journals; and to deliver competitive proposals for external research grants.
4. Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
|Work days and hours||- Workhours are deemed as 7 hours and 45 minutes per weekday / 38 hours and 45 minutes per week, in accordance with the Discretionary Work System for Professional Work.|
- Work days are 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
|Holidays||- Saturdays and Sundays, national holidays, new year holidays (Dec. 29-Jan.3), and other holidays designated by the president of the University|
- Paid leave will be given after six months from employment date.
- Other paid holidays; condolence leave, sick/injured child care leave, care leave
- Non-paid leave; maternal leave, sick leave etc.
|Social insurance||Employment insurance; industrial accident compensation insurance; health insurance; and pension insurance|
|Selection||Candidates are selected based on their application documents and an interview in English or Japanese.|
|Application||Please prepare a single PDF file that contains the following documents 1 through 3, and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Please put “Application for HIAS Health PD” in the subject of the email. (Applications are accepted by email only)
|Application documents||1. Cover Letter|
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Application Form
Download the form here.
https://www.hit-u.ac.jp/jinji-saiyo/Application_Form_HIAS_Health_PD_jp.docx4. Two reference letters (the letters must be sent directly from the referees by email to email@example.com by the application deadline)All documents must be written in English or Japanese.
|Deadline||Wednesday, 30th November 2022 (JST)|
|Notification of results||Applicants who are short-listed will be invited for an interview within fourteen days of the receipt of the application documents.|
|Date of interview||The date is negotiable.|
|Policy of returning the documents||Application documents will not be returned. After an application has been processed, all submitted documents will be disposed of immediately in an appropriate manner.|
|Point of contact||Shinobu MURAI (Ms.)|
Should you have any questions, please contact us by email, with “Inquiry regarding HIAS Health PD” in your email subject line.
|Notes||- Interview will be scheduled in person or online. Transportation cost to visit the interview venue will be paid by the applicant.|
- All personal information submitted to the University as part of the job application process shall be used only for the selection process and if selected, employment management(i.e., HR, salary, welfare, health care, labor, and hygiene or management of the on-campus system and facilities usage, and statistical reports on the employment status of people with disabilities). The University shall not provide or disclose personal information to any third party for any purpose other than the above. However, please note there may be cases that the University outsources the management of the above data to a third party with which the University will sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Please note that smoking is prohibited on campus except in designated areas.
- Hitotsubashi University is an equal opportunity employer in the spirit of the Basic Act for Gender-Equal Society.