HIAS Health is seeking an Assistant Professor or a Research Associate. (Closing date is Wednesday 30th September 2020 (17:00 JST).)
|Place of work||Hitotsubashi University|
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
|Number of positions||1|
|Salary||Salary: JPY 4,044,000 – 8,484,000 per annum|
Transport allowance（maximum JPY 55,000 per month）
|Period of employment||- Fixed term, 1st October 2020 - 31st March 2023 (start date is negotiable)|
|Job title||Specially appointed assistant professor (full time) or Specially appointed research associate (full time)|
|Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)||1. To conduct systematic reviews and data analyses on effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of policy interventions to prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs).|
2. To conduct interviews and surveys with NCD managers and experts in governmental institutions.
3. To help facilitate HIAS Health’s research collaborations with national and international research institutions, governments, and donors.
4. To contribute to research and education at HIAS Health.
|Qualifications (required skills, experiences etc.)||1. A PhD in health economics, public health or relevant area (applicants who expect to receive a PhDafter their starting date may also be considered).|
2. Ability and experience in conducting systematic reviews and data analyses in health economics and/or public health. A track record of research in NCD prevention is desirable.
3. Ability and willingness to publish research articles in international peer-reviewed journals; and to deliver competitive proposals for external research grants.
4. Ability and willingness to work in an international and multi-disciplinary research environment. Written and verbal communication skills in Japanese are desirable (but not essential).
|Work days and hours||- Workhours are deemed as 7 hours and 45 minutes per weekday / 38 hours and 45 minutes per week.|
- Work days are 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
|Holidays||- Saturdays and Sundays, national holidays, new year holidays (Dec. 29-Jan.3), and other holidays designated by the president of the University|
- Paid leave will be given after six months from employment date.
- Other paid holidays; condolence leave, sick/injured child care leave, care leave
- Non-paid leave; maternal leave etc.
|Social insurance||Employment insurance; industrial accident compensation insurance; health insurance; and pension insurance|
|Selection||Candidates are selected based on their application documents (specified below) and an interview in English or Japanese.|
|Application||Please prepare a single PDF file that contains the following documents 1 through 3, and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application for HIAS Health PD (NCD)” in the subject of the email. (Applications are accepted by email only)|
|Application documents||1. Cover Letter|
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Application Form
Download the form here.
4. Two reference letters (the letters must be sent directly from the referees by email to email@example.com by the application deadline)
All documents must be written in English or Japanese.
|Deadline||Wednesday, 30th September 2020; Application documents must arrive by 17:00 JST|
|Notification of results||Applicants who are short-listed will be invited for an interview within fourteen days of the receipt of the application documents.|
|Date of interview||The date is negotiable.|
|Policy of returning the documents||Application documents will not be returned. After an application has been processed, all submitted documents will be disposed of immediately in an appropriate manner.|
|Point of contact||Shinobu MURAI (Ms.)|
Should you have any questions, please contact us by email, with “Inquiry regarding HIAS Health PD (NCD)” in your email subject line.
|Notes||- All submitted application documents will not be used for any other purpose except the selection process for this position.|
- Application documents will not be returned. After an application has been processed, all submitted documents will be disposed of immediately in an appropriate manner.
- Hitotsubashi University is an equal opportunity employer in the spirit of the Basic Act for Gender-Equal Society.
- Interview will be scheduled in person or online. Transportation cost to the interview venue will be payable by the applicant.