HIAS Health is seeking an Assistant Professor or a Research Associate. (Closing date is Monday, 27th, April 2020 (JST).)
|Place of work||Hitotsubashi University|
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
|Numbers of positions||1|
|Salary||Monthly salary : 337,000 - 707,000 Japanese Yen（Salary will be determined based on experience）|
Transportation allowance will be paid in accordance with the regulations of the university （Maximum 55,000 Japanese yen per month）
|Period of employment||- From 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2022.|
- The contract shall not be extended.
(The start date is negotiable. Hitotsubashi University may adjust the above maximum period of renewability based on a) the employee's abilities, work load at the time of contract completion, performance and work attitude and b) the continuation of the employee's center project and Hitotsubashi University management situation and budget at the time. In this case, the employment period shall be two years from the start date.)
|Job title||Assistant professor (Specially appointed) or Research associate (Specially appointed)|
|Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)||1. To contribute to empirical research in health economics and/or public health.|
2. To contribute to coordination of research with national and international research institutes, governments and donners.
3. To contribute to other research and education at HIAS Health
|Qualifications (required skills, experiences etc.)||1. A PhD in relevant area (applicants who are expected to receive a PhD after their starting date may also be considered).|
2. Ability and experience to conduct empirical research in health economics and/or public health.
3. Ability and willingness to publish research articles in international peer-reviewed journals; and to deliver competitive proposals for external research grants.
4. Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
|Work days and hours||- 38 hours and 45 minutes per week.|
- Work days and hours are negotiable.
|Holidays||- Saturday and Sunday, national holidays, new year holidays (Dec. 29-Jan.3), and other holidays designated by the president of the University|
- Paid holiday will be given when six month has passed after employment.
- Other paid holidays; condolence leave
- Non-paid leave; maternal leave, sick/injured child care leave, care leave etc.
|Social insurance||Employment insurance; industrial accident compensation insurance; health insurance; and pension insurance|
|Selection||Candidates are selected by the application documents (specified below) and an interview in English or Japanese.|
|Application||Please prepare a single PDF file that contains the following documents from 1 to 3, and send it by email to email@example.com. Please put “Application for HIAS Health PD” in the subject of the email. (Applications are accepted by email only)|
|Application documents||1. Cover Letter|
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Application Form
Download the form here.
4. Two reference letters (the letters must be sent directly from the referees by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the date for applicant to submit the application documents)
Please remind you that your application is not complete until your referees send your reference letters.
All documents must be written in English or Japanese.
|Deadline||Monday, the 27th April 2020; Application documents must arrive by 17:00 JST|
|Notify date of the result||Applicants who are short-listed only will be invited for an interview within fourteen days after submitting your application documents by email.|
|Dates of interview||The date is negotiable.|
|Policy of returning the documents||We will NOT return any documents submitted, after the selection we will dispose all documents immediately and appropriately.|
|Point of contact||Takahiro KUBOTA (Mr.)|
Should you have any questions, please contact us by email, with “Inquiry regarding HIAS Health PD” in your email subject line.
|Notes||- All submitted application documents will not be used for any other purpose except the selection process for this position.|
- Application documents will not be returned. After an application has been processed, all submitted documents will be disposed of immediately in an appropriate manner.
- Hitotsubashi University is an equal opportunity employer in the spirit of the Basic Act for Gender-Equal Society.
- Interview will be scheduled in person or via skype. Transportation cost to visit the interview venue will be paid by the applicant. Applicants who are based overseas will be asked to participate in a Skype interview.
Hitotsubashi University Official HP Job site