Research Associate (Specially Appointed),Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University
Toyo Ashida is a HIAS research associate (Specially Appointed) at Hitotsubashi Institute of Advanced Studies. Her academic interests are Health economics, Applied Economics, and Program Evaluation. She received her PhD degree in International Public Policy from Osaka University. Currently, she is conducting research activities in the areas of healthy aging, the impact of social inequality on health, the long-term impact of childhood environment, determinants of caregiver well-being and, disaster resilience and health behaviors.
Detailed profile (HRI: Hitotsubashi Researchers Information)
- Mitsuya Yamakita, Satoru Kanamori, Naoki Kondo, Toyo Ashida, Takeo Fujiwara and Katsunori Kondo (2020). Association between childhood socioeconomic position and sports group participation among Japanese older adults: A cross-sectional study from the JAGES 2010 survey. Preventive medicine reports, 18, 101065.
- Michiyo Higuchi, Kayo Suzuki, Toyo Ashida, Naoki Kondo, Katsunori Kondo. (2018) Social support and access to healthcare among older people in Japan: Japan Gerontological Evaluation Study (JAGES). Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 30(5), 425-436.
- Masayoshi Zaitsu, Ichiro Kawachi, Toyo Ashida, Katsunori Kondo, Naoki Kondo. (2018). Participation in community group activities among older adults: Is diversity of group membership associated with better self-rated health? Journal of Epidemiology, 28(11)452-457.
- Maho Haseda, Naoki Kondo, Toyo Ashida, Yukako Tani, Daisuke Takagi, Katsunori Kondo. (2018). Community Social Capital, Built Environment, and Income-Based Inequality in Depressive Symptoms Among Older People in Japan: An Ecological Study From the JAGES Project. Journal of Epidemiology, 28(3)108-116.
- Toyo Ashida, Naoki Kondo, and Katsunori Kondo. (2016). Social participation and the onset of functional disability by socioeconomic status and activity type: The JAGES cohort study." Preventive medicine, vol.89, p.121-128.